Listen, the world already has so many brownie recipes floating around, I get that. Most are filled with enriched bleached flour, processed sugar, loads of butter and chocolate with added ingredients. And I wanted something DIFFERENT.
So, I spent time in the kitchen testing, baking and trying new things to create this incredible FLOURLESS brownie. They are chocolatey. Fudgy. Sweet. Delicious.
So do I really need to convince you that you have to make these?
Make sure you've got these things on hand:
Almond Butter - all-natural, creamy AND/or crunchy
Pure Cocoa Powder - grab the good, high-quality stuff
Pure Maple Syrup - not the pancake crap
Chocolate Chips - I use Enjoy Life Foods® (non-dairy)
1/2 cup creamy, all-natural almond butter
1/2 cup crunchy, all-natural almond butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon melted, grass-fed butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
sprinkle of salt
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, maple syrup, eggs, and melted butter.
3. Then add cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Bake in an 8x8 or 9x13 pan for about 15 minutes (fork/toothpick won't come out completely clean due to the fudgy-ness of the brownies).
6. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Gram your brownies!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!