The name is a mouthful but man oh man is it going to totally revolutionize your breakfast / snack game!!
You might have seen me ask this question in an Instagram post yesterday, but do you know the difference between jelly, jam and marmalade? Because I truly have no idea. So I'm just calling this jam. It feels right.
The reason I love making my own is simple: It tastes better AND It eliminates the preservatives, added sugars and gums that are typically found in store-bought jams, jellies and marmalades (ew).
And to spice things up a bit, I added a tangy little twist with the inclusion of balsamic vinegar and a little extra fat and protein with the chia seeds.
I'm telling you, this stuff is amazing on anything - Try it on toast, oatmeal, in yogurt or as the newest addition to your charcuterie board!
1 bag of frozen whole strawberries (JUST STRAWBERRIES - NO ADDED SUGAR)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1. Place strawberries and balsamic vinegar in a pot on the stove at medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Let your strawberries melt and thicken - this takes a little time.
3. Once the strawberries have reduced and the mixture is thick, add in the chia seeds and maple syrup and continue stirring until the mixture is thick and soft.
4. Take off the heat and let sit for 5-7 minutes.
5. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge!
Gram your jam!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!