Breakfast can be HARD. With crazy busy mornings that result in rushing out the door, breakfast is often left out of the morning frenzy (or at least not a priority). If you're like me, breakfast MATTERS, so not having it results in insane hunger and counting down the minutes until lunch.
I'm a huge frittata fan for many reasons and will always advocate for them as one of the best weekday breakfasts. Here's why:
1. the flavor combinations you can make with frittatas are ENDLESS. Literally throw anything in them.
2. make it on Sunday and eat on it for the rest of the week!
3. clean out your fridge and make one. It's the best way to get rid of leftovers or produce on the verge of going bad.
4. it is high in protein and will keep you full!
There's really not much to hate about it, so set aside a few minutes and whip up a week's worth of breakfasts (or lunches or brunches or dinners or whatever you want to eat this for).
1/4 cup milk (or dairy-free alternative)
salt / pepper
spices of choice (seriously, this one's up to you! I like dill, garlic, red pepper flakes, and chives)
1-2 cups of spinach
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup goat cheese
1. preheat oven to 400ºF and lightly grease a baking dish or coat in nonstick spray.
2. in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and spices. set aside.
3. add your spinach and tomatoes to the baking dish, then pour the egg mixture on top.
4. top with cheese and additional salt and pepper.
5. bake in the oven for apprx. 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
Gram your frittata!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!