You should never have to think too hard when it comes to breakfast. It's too early in the morning for all of that effort. So when it comes to breakfast, I'm a huge fan of QUICK AND EASY. Anyone else with me on this one?
I've got two awesome ways to amp up your morning toast and create a perfectly balanced meal. The best part? It will take you about 5 minutes to put together AND it looks super fancy.
What's your excuse now? Get to toastin'!
Choose from 2 delicious combos
If you love a good, savory breakfast, this is for you. If you don't, try this and I swear you'll be converted. We're taking two slices of crusty, multigrain bread and donning them with avocado, hummus, fried egg and fresh produce!
You'll have a new pep in your step and satisfied belly as you start your work day! Not to mention the mental clarity and increased energy levels - How could this get any better?
When creating your toasts you'll need:
2 slices of whole grain bread of your choice (I love using multigrain seeded bread)
1 tsp ghee (or oil of choice)
2 tbsp of your favorite hummus
thick-sliced beefsteak tomatoes
red pepper flakes
hot sauce (optional)
1. Toast your bread to your liking.
2. While your bread is toasting, mash avocado with a fork. I like mine chunky, so the mashing is very minimal.
3. Once that is done, heat your ghee/oil in a pan on medium-high.
4. Once hot, crack your egg in the pan and fry to your preference (I don't like a runny yolk, so I let it cook until the yolk is hard).
5. Spread avocado on one slice or half. Add the fried egg on top. Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and hot sauce.
6. On the other slice or half, spread your hummus. Layer the slices tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with goat cheese and sea salt.
Gram your toasts!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news!
You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!