Let's face it - Eating breakfast is hard for a lot of us. There are so many things happening in the mornings (especially in households with little ones) that breakfast for us typically gets put on the back burner. That's why I LOVE this frittata recipe! It makes so much and will keep in the refrigerator throughout the week! Just pull it out, pop it in the microwave, and ENJOY!
It also is packed with fiber and antioxidants. This kale and butternut squash combo is hard to beat! Best part? You can add ANYTHING in there! Throw in some goat cheese or other produce that is at the end of its life. The possibilities are endless!
Make sure you have a large casserole or baking dish handy OR use a muffin tin and make little mini frittatas!
10-12 large eggs
1 cup cubed butternut squash
~2 cups of kale (more or less depending on preference)
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400º F. Grease your casserole / baking dish.
2. In a large pan, add olive oil over medium heat. Then add butternut squash and kale.
3. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill and parsley to taste (feel free to play with spices here, adding different ones and playing with the amount used).
4. Sauté until squash and kale are tender and fragrant.
5. In a large bowl, crack and whisk together eggs. Add salt and pepper.
6. Pour your squash and kale mixture into the bottom of your casserole / baking dish. Then pour egg mixture on top. (Add optional cheese here)
7. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are set!
Gram your frittata!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!