It's not Saturday morning in my house without a pancake brunch, and that's a fact. It's actually my favorite weekend tradition with my husband. I love creating and trying out different pancake recipes, add-ins, and toppings every week, but this cinnamon oat pancake recipe has seemed to stick because it is ALWAYS my go-to.
Maybe it's because they are SO THICK. Or maybe because they are SO GOOD. Or maybe because you just throw all the ingredients in a blender and call it a day. These bad boys are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and full of fiber, so you have every reason in the world to feel good about yourself after eating them!
You'll need to make sure to have a few things on hand:
unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 cups of oats
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp natural, creamy almond butter
pure maple syrup
1. Blend together all ingredients - EXCEPT almond butter - until smooth.
2. Slowly stir in almond butter. Let batter sit for 5-7 minutes.
3. Heat your skillet or griddle on a medium heat, and grease surface with coconut oil or olive oil.
4. Pour batter to make pancakes about 4 inches in diameter.
5. Cook pancakes for about 2-4 minutes on either side, until they are nice and golden.
Gram your pancakes!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!