Who doesn't love a classic chocolate chip cookie?!
I've made these particular cookies several times, and they never seem to disappoint! No weird ingredients, no elaborate cooking process, just a simple recipe yielding a very thick, delicious chocolate chip cookie. How can it get any better?!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when using this recipe:
1. You can't overdo it with the chocolate, so add as many chocolate chips as your little heart desires! Do I really need to explain more?
2. Make sure your butter is softened and at room temperature. Super important!
3. You may use coconut sugar in place of brown sugar.
4. Use chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, semi-sweet or dark! Options are endless!
5. Use any nut butter you have on hand!
These particular cookies are gluten-free and can be made vegan by using vegan butter and flax egg.
2 tbsp softened and room temperature unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/4 cup crunchy almond butter (a personal preference - feel free to use creamy)
1 egg at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add butter, sugar, almond butter, egg and vanilla extract and beat with a hand-mixer until smooth.
3. Add in baking soda, salt and almond flour while mixer is on low and mix until well-combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips with spoon.
5. Roll the dough into balls 1-2 inches in diameter and place balls onto baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops with a fork.
6. Bake for ~10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool for at least five minutes.
*recipe adapted from wellplated.
Gram your cookies!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!