Shake things up a bit this holiday season by replacing those tired, boring traditional mashed potatoes with a huge side of extremely flavorful and totally creamy mashed SWEET POTATOES!
I promise you this dish does NOT disappoint. It's a perfect blend of sweet and savory, and it will pair oh-so-well with that turkey you've prepared. Not to mention that these are so easy (I mean, totally foolproof)!
I've always loved the taste and flavor of sweet potatoes, but not everyone can say the same (I totally get that). But I have to encourage you to give these a try - They might just blow your mind.
One of the best parts about the recipe is that you (genuinely) can use whatever spices you have on hand! Use mine as a guideline if you wish, but experiment with others (like paprika, thyme, rosemary - the list goes on). If you like them sweeter, try adding some pure maple syrup or brown sugar to these bad boys. Your options are endless (I'm not just saying that).
Here's what you'll need to make this particular version:
6 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup chicken broth (more or less depending on preferred thickness)
1/2 tsp coriander
2 tsp sage
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon)
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste (tbh, I do like to go heavier on salt)
1. Cook your sweet potatoes (either in the oven or microwave - microwave is always quicker / easier) until very soft.
2. Scoop out insides of sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
3. Add all other ingredients to bowl with sweet potatoes and mix with a hand mixer until fluffy.
4. Adjust amount of chicken broth and spices as necessary (your tastebuds are the ones that matter here!)
5. Option to top with butter and fresh parsley
Gram your 'taters!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!