GUYS. These chicken fingers are no joke. A delicious and easy and healthier version of a childhood classic!
I was that kid who always ordered chicken fingers at every single restaurant. No matter where we were, that's what I got. I've always had a love for them, and I know so many of you feel the same way! So, I'm super excited to share this recipe with you!
The breading is a combination of almond meal and flax seed meal + a zesty blend of spices. Bake these suckers in the oven and you've got deliciously crispy, no-guilt chicken fingers (that are easier on the arteries and digestive system lol)
1 pound of raw chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into strips)
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a baking sheet well (*PRO TIP - Place a cooling rack on the baking sheet to keep tenders elevated and allow for more even cooking)
2. In a bowl, combine almond meal, flaxseed meal, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, crack eggs and whisk together until fluffy.
4. Place each tender in the egg then transfer to the dry mixture. Coat well.
5. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes (more or less depending on size of tenders and oven - should be golden and crispy). Turn halfway through.
Gram your chicken!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!