This is a hearty and super satisfying breakfast full of healthy fats, is naturally sweetened, and has the most amazing flavor combination.
My baked oatmeal also makes for a perfect meal prep option so you're not stressing about making breakfast every single morning. I mean, it truly covers all your bases.
And to make this deal even sweeter, you only need 1 bowl and 30 minutes. Y'all, go ahead and grab yourself a giant cup of hot coffee, throw on your cute apron, and get to cooking. You won't be disappointed with this one!
PRO TIP: Cut it into small squares and add it to a greek yogurt bowl for extra protein in the morning! (pictured above)
*I adapted this recipe from Minimalist Baker. You can check out her vegan version on her site.
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 very ripe mashed banana
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp tahini
pinch of sea salt
2 cups of milk of choice (I use almond milk)
2 1/2 cups of quick oats (can sub rolled oats as well)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 tbsp nut butter for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine eggs, banana, maple syrup, tahini, and salt in a bowl. Then add milk and mix again.
3. Add oats and chocolate chips, then stir to combine.
4. Transfer to baking dish and to with additional chocolate chips, banana slices, and nut butter.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Gram your baked oats!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!