I'm taking your taco Tuesday to a whole different level right now. The best part? This is such an EASY weeknight meal!! Doesn't get better, am I right?
Tacos are undoubtedly a fan-favorite, especially in my house, so I'm always looking for fun ways to spice them up (literally and figuratively 😝). This exact meal was born when there was hardly anything in the fridge and I was forced to get creative. We had some frozen chicken, a can of chipotles in adobo, and some random produce, so I went to work.
These tacos have a BEAUTIFUL color and are packed with flavor!! They're nice and spicy, too (feel free to tone it down if you don't do the hottt stuff).
So whip yourself up a nice little marg and get to cooking your tacos!
2 cups shredded chicken
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 onion, diced
2-4 tbsp of the sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo (adjust depending on how spicy you want it)
2 tbsp garlic powder
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
For the sauce
1 bunch of cilantro, stems removed
1-2 jalapeños, depending on how spicy you want
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
juice of 1 lime
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup neutral oil (avocado, grapeseed, etc.)
salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
2. Coat sweet potatoes and onion in olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp garlic powder, and 1 tbsp chipotle sauce. Spread on baking sheet and bake for ~25 minutes.
3. While potatoes are cooking, toss your already-shredded chicken in 2-3 generous tbsp chipotle sauce, lime juice, and 1 tbsp garlic powder.
4. For the cream sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you have a creamy, blended, thick consistency.
5. To build tacos, add shredded chicken and roasted sweet potato / onion mixture to a flour tortilla. Drizzle cilantro jalapeño cream sauce over the top. Add fresh cilantro and avocado and ENJOY!
Gram your tacos!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!