Looking for a quick, make ahead, healthy and DELICIOUS breakfast for weekday mornings? This oatmeal bake will make all of your dreams come true. With clean ingredients and flavor that doesn't disappoint, this is a staple in my house and lasts me the whole week!
Some essential things you'll need for this are
Top with almond butter and maple syrup and you have got a slice of heaven on your plate!
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pecans
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar will work as well)
2 cups almond milk
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 small apples finely diced
2 apples pureed in food processor
Optional toppings - nut butter, pure maple syrup, fresh apples
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in one mixing bowl (excluding diced apples).
3. Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Add diced apples and gently mix.
5. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook. I suggest using a fork and sticking it in the middle. Baking times will vary.
7. Let cool before cutting.
Gram your oatmeal!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!