I recently got an air fryer and have been so pumped about it since, but (literally) everything I've made in it has been a complete fail. Like throw it all away, nothing is salvageable kind of fail. User error, probably, but I was getting so frustrated. I mean, it is supposed to a life-changing appliance, and my life had yet to be positively impacted by the little thing.
All of this changed when I got a random itch to whip up some buffalo cauliflower. Now let me go ahead and mention that I had never made buff cauli before this experience, so why I was craving, I couldn't tell ya.
I was determined to make this work. And let me tell you, IT SURE DID! I mean, so good. Actually couldn't keep my hands out of them.
They were crunchy on the outside, just a little spicy, and the absolute perfect snack. Now, disclaimer, I wouldn't suggest using this recipe as a substitute for actual buffalo chicken wings / bites. It's not the same at all. I mean, can you really compare chicken and cauliflower? No. So if you want the wings, eat the wings. If you want some damn delicious cauliflower, then this is the way to go!
*if you do not own an air fryer, you can roast in the oven at 350º instead
1 head of cauliflower, cut into small 1-inch pieces
1 large egg
2 tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot, or hot sauce of choice (adjust amount based on preferred heat level)
1 cup almond flour
1. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, hot sauce, and butter (melted and cooled).
2. In a larger bowl, mix together almond flour and spices (feel free to use however much of these spices you'd like).
3. Coat cauliflower in egg mixture then, using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer to dry mixture.
4. Place in air fryer (you may have to cook in small batches depending on the size of your air fryer - I found that the less cauli in the fryer, the better). Cook at 350º for 12-15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
5. Serve immediately. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce!
Gram your buff cauli!
Love to #doitforthegram? Good news! You can post your food pics from these recipes and tag me (@kateygordonhealth and #kateygordonhealth) - I'll give you a shoutout and you'll be entered into a giveaway! Plus, everyone will be jealous of your incredible food! So go ahead and let the #cameraeatfirst!